Similar to herbs, oils have unique benefits. There are two classes of oils I will be addressing – essential and extract/tincture. I also address oils and the different kinds of oils in my blog post titled, “Biggest Mistakes with Essential Oils”.
Some key things to remember:
- All essential oils are highly concentrated so never use these without diluting first to avoid skin irritation and burn.
- Applied on the skin in the form of massage and breathing in essential oils in the form of aromatherapy has great health benefits.
- Exercise extreme caution taking any essential oil internally. I do not recommend you take essential oils internally as these can be harmful. Babies, children, and breastfeeding or pregnant women should NEVER take essential oils internally.
- Make sure you buy your oils pure. Quality is very important and cheaper is not always better.
- Knowledge in taking essential oils is key on using these. It depends on the oil.
- Always use oils in moderation.
Best place to put essential oils? The feet. Besides being mentioned in the Bible several times, the feet being cleansed with oils is spiritual in nature. Historically, it’s been shown walking barefoot boosts your immune system and mood. Because our skin absorbs, the dirt and grass we walk on reconnects us with nature. Now I’m not telling you to walk around barefoot in a city, on gravel, or through a forest covered in poison oak- that’s just ridiculous. But walking on clean grass and dirt or ocean sand barefoot is feeling the earth beneath our feet and reconnecting to that which we are a part of. I believe it is beneficial to our well-being to do so.
I will do my best to outline to you the best oils I use, the benefits, and the uses of these oils so that you can also benefit from these. 🙂
If there’s an oil you would like me to add, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org.