What is Kombucha tea? Kombucha Tea is commonly referred to as a mushroom tea, but it’s really not made from mushrooms at all. Kombucha Tea is a powerful fermented black tea. Like vinegar, it contains a mother and (to me) tastes like sparkling apple cider. Now most grocery stores don’t sell the kombucha tea that has the potency to provide the benefits I explain below. I believe this is because they are overloaded with too much water or sugar which can dampen the effects of the tea. The best Kombucha Tea I’ve ever drank that actually provides REAL benefits is from Pronatura.
Kombucha Tea benefits include the following:
- Increased energy, helps process fats and proteins, helps with weight loss and hangover
- Aids insomnia
- Balances metabolism
- Eases constipation and reduces symptoms with gallstones and kidney stones
- Detoxifies the body, especially the liver – restores liver function
- Enchances the immune system, wards off infections
- Treats arthritis, digestive disorders, high blood pressure, poor circulation, high cholesterol, cancer, lung and respiratory infections such as bronchitis, asthma, and allergies
- Improves failing eyesight
- Alleviates gout and hot flush symptoms
- Helps to remove wrinkles
- Curbs alcohol cravings and regulates blood sugar levels
- Prevents baldness and gray hair
Contains: Vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12, and C, bacteroides, bifidobacteria, lactic acid, acetic acid, glucuronic acid, usnic acid, citric acid, malic acid, gluconic acid, butyric acid, nucleic acids, amino acids
Cautions: Safe for diabetics and candida sufferers. Be careful who you buy it from as there is a risk of adulteration or contamination in making this tea. Do not brew in or store in ceramic containers. Not for pregnant women or children under the age of 4. Do not drink for a prolonged period of time. I usually drink a whole bottle of Pronatura Kombucha Tea 3-4 ounces 3 times a day when I have a respiratory infection and this is usually gone in about a week which is just the right amount of time to be consuming this.
Directions: Drink on an empty stomach. Drink 3-4 ounces daily 3 times a day no longer than two weeks.